As you can imagine, it’s been a busy few weeks for the team at Fresh Choice Nelson. We’re conscious we owe you an update about supermarket shopping during the COVID-19 crisis. Firstly we want to offer our apologies that it’s taken us a couple of weeks to get to this. But more importantly, we want to thank you… You’ve made our job easier than we could have imagined by being kind and considerate to our team and your fellow shoppers.
Supermarket shopping during the COVID-19 crisis – What you need to know:
An update to our hours:
We’ve changed our opening hours. We are still open seven days a week, but we’re closing an hour earlier at 8:00 p.m. This slightly earlier closing time lets our team members enjoy much-needed family time at home.
While some stores in Nelson are opening later, we’ve decided to stick with our 7:00 a.m. opening time. We think it’s important for essential workers to be able to come in before their shifts start. The early morning is now generally nice and quiet in the store, with less queueing outside, so it’s an excellent time to visit.
So, just to reiterate you can visit us instore from 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. seven days a week.
Keeping you safe:
We’ve made some changes to keep you safe when you’re supermarket shopping during the COVID-19 crisis.
- There will always be a member of staff at the door. Their primary role is to monitor instore traffic so that we can ensure safe social distancing within the aisles. This means you might have to join a line outside the store, again we’ll ask you to observe physical distancing rules.
- Our door person will also wipe down each trolley and basket between every use.
- Additionally, you’ll find hand sanitiser as you enter and exit the store. Please do take advantage of these extra hygiene resources we’ve put in place.
- Once you’re inside, you’ll notice some marks on the floor to help you keep a safe distance from fellow shoppers.
- All our hard surfaces and check out areas are wiped down with sanitiser every twenty minutes.
- We’ve placed perspex sheets at the manned checkouts to help protect both you and our team members. But, remember you can use our self-checkout points and Paywave to reduce contact further. You’ll also notice our staff are wearing gloves.
- Finally, our bulk foods, espresso bar and lotto counter are closed under instruction from MPI (ministry of primary industry).
Online supermarket shopping has become incredibly popular during this COVID-19 crisis. Local delivery slots are currently available seven to nine days out. You can also use our Click & Collect service, with pick up slots available four to five days out. If you are collecting an online order, you don’t need to queue at the entrance just speak to whoever is at the door and let them know you’re picking up; they’ll let you straight in.
If you find it difficult to get a slot and are particularly vulnerable or have no relatives who can help deliver to your door, then please contact Dean directly by email – Email Dean. We will do everything we can to serve those in our community who need help the most.
We are receiving deliveries six days a week. We believe we have enough of everything you need to feed and look after your families. On occasion, you may find that we don’t have a specific brand of a particular item, but you should be able to substitute with an alternative.
At Fresh Choice Nelson we’ve always worked with our magnificent local suppliers to bring you amazing produce, meat, fish, dairy, groceries and wine from within 200 km. At times like this, we’re even more grateful for those established relationships, so we can keep bringing you the local foods you love!
Finally, we’d like to add a personal thank you for supporting our Fresh Choice Nelson team during this difficult time. We are doing everything we can to support you and will keep you updated with any changes. In the meantime, stay tuned for future blog posts with baking tips, recipes and activity ideas to keep you and yours well-nourished during lockdown!
Veronica & Mark A’Court