This week at Fresh Choice Nelson, we’re welcoming back Paula Saengthian-Ngam as our guest blogger (Find Paula on Facebook). Paula develops our instore Inspire Meal Bag recipes, and this week she’s sharing a recipe from one of the seafood meal bags. Take it away Paula…
Seafood is often overlooked when supermarket shopping… I tend to cook with seafood when it has been given to me, or if I have decided to prepare a meal that calls for it. Fresh Choice Nelson has a marvellous seafood counter. With fresh fish delivered daily at competitive prices. There is also a range of seafood meal bags within the Inspire range. These are best ordered through the online option for your convenience.
Salmon is one of my favourite fish. High in omega-3, rich, filling and super delicious. I find it works very well with Asian flavours, which I love.
Today I’m sharing a recipe from one of the seafood meal bags. Pop into Fresh Choice, Nelson and shop for the ingredients you need, or conveniently order a bag for collection.
Pan fried salmon on potato rosti, greens and miso cream
Preparation time 10 minutes, cooking time 20 minutes.
- 500g Regal saltwater salmon (4 pieces)
- 1 cup cream
- 2 Tbsp of sesame seeds
- 2 bunches of baby broccoli
- 2 cups of shelled edamame
- 1 packet of red miso
- 4 large agria potatoes
- 2 Tbsp of rice bran oil
- Place the washed potatoes in a saucepan with cold water, leave the skin on. Bring to the boil and simmer until they are cooked through (check them with a sharp knife to make sure that they are).
- Drain the potatoes, and when they are cool, peel the skin off with the back of a knife. Grate the potatoes and press them firmly into a ring mould to shape. This should make four rosti.
- Cook the rosti in a frying pan on a medium to high heat, until they are golden on both sides. Season well with salt and keep them warm until you are ready to serve.
- Simmer the cream and miso together for five minutes until thickened slightly. Again keep the mixture warm until you are ready to serve.
- Steam or lightly boil the edamame and baby broccoli.
- Pan fry the salmon, skin side down. Once the skin is crispy turn and cook through on the other side. Drizzle with the miso cream and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with your rosti, edamame and baby broccoli.