Fresh Choice Nelson is your truly “local” supermarket, so there’s nothing we love more than a little community collaboration. That’s why we’re stoked that we’ve been able to team up with the good fellas from Guytons.
Guytons has a long and proud history working across the NZ seafood industry. This Nelson institution was established by Arthur Guyton in the 1960’s, the iconic store on Wakefield Quay has been the port of call for many a fish supper…
But now you can also grab your Guytons fish fix from right here in the city at Fresh Choice Nelson, because our in store fish counter is fully supplied by them.
To celebrate we have gurnard on special at Fresh Choice Nelson from next Monday, at $28.99 per kg, and to tantalise your taste buds here’s some recipe inspiration!
Fish Sliders with Crunchy Apple Slaw (Serves 8)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup grated apple
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 25g butter
- 400gm gurnard fillet (cut into 8 pieces)
- 8 x small ciabatta buns
- To make your apple slaw whisk together the oil and lime juice in a large bowl. Mix in the apple, cabbage, lettuce, onions and parsley.
- Season the gurnard fillets with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Melt the butter in a large frying pan and when it begins to sizzle add the fish pieces and cook on both sides until golden, the fish should be just cooked through.
- Pop it all together by slicing the buns and spreading with mayonnaise. Add a dollop of apple slaw to each and top with a piece of fish.