Thanks to our Guest Blogger and beer aficionado… In this week’s article Denis “the man” Cooper writes about Christmas beers that you can find on the shelves at Fresh Choice Nelson.
In this fast-paced world, it’s odd that most of us live in the same old rut. The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth, so step up and try a mixed six beer pack to put some variety back in your life.
Here’s a sample of the sampler packs on offer at Fresh Choice Nelson to freshen your choices.
- Funk Estate’s ‘The Funky Bunch’ is like a box of chocolates as you never know what you’re going to get. There could be anything from their core range of solid drops, plus a couple of out of the norm styles from their one-off seasonal series.
- Tuatara ‘Mix Six’ is the perfect degustation box kicking off with Helluva Helles Lager, easing into some hops with Mot Eureka Pilsner, thrashing the wheat fields with Weiz Guy Hefeweizen, upping the hops with Sauvinova Pale Ale, citrus with Kapai Aotearoa Pale Ale and climaxing with Amarillo American Dark Ale.
- Try something beery different with Garage Project’s sampler box including ‘White Mischief’ (a salted white peach sour that’s drier than your grandmother’s kiss) and ‘Ceral Milk Stout’ with nitro pour for the perfect breakfast smoothie pick me up.
- Kereru’s ‘Box of Birds’ has a wonderfully diverse range of beer styles including Gose, Stouts, pohutakawa ales and the obligatory IPAs. Now here’s the kicker for all health conscious beerians out there: the ABV in this range is no higher than 5% with the lowest a full favoured Silverstream Pale Ale at 3.8%. Drink the whole box and still be capable of opening your presents the next morning.
- Epic’s ‘Epic Mixed Six’ has a range of their most popular hop bombs including New Zealand’s most-awarded IPA – Armageddon, and that monstrous double IPA – Hop Zombie.
- Cassels and Sons ‘Lucky 6’ is a random mix of their brews. This is a good way to try their Lager and One Pale Ale brews that aren’t normally stocked in the Fresh Choice fridge.
Rustle on down to Fresh Choice Nelson and bust that rut with some merry six packs!