This week, our Fresh Choice Nelson guest blogger, Paula, is embracing looking forward to the festive season. She’s also sharing a recipe so you can enjoy a sugar-free Christmas treat!
Christmas is most definitely just around the corner! I know in my family it’s the food that makes up such a huge part of the whole festive season.
You will see cherries in-store and an abundance of strawberries too. Now is a good time to order your ham from Fresh Choice Nelson. The store has a good range of fantastic quality and free-range hams. We usually serve an array of interesting salads with our Christmas ham. Try sprinkling some of the Artisan cheeses, you’ll find in store, over the top of some roasted nuts and pomegranate seeds for a festive salad.
I will always round off the meal with something sweet. The boxes of chocolates are tempting, but if you would like a sugar-free Christmas treat instead, try this recipe. This decadent, creamy, sugar-free fudge is sure to hit the spot.
A Sugar-Free Christmas Treat – Festive Fudge:
- 120g butter
- 120g cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp Sweetnz ‘icing not sugar’ powdered sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 40g walnut pieces
- 40g pistachio
- 1/4 cup crushed ‘Fresh As’ freeze-dried raspberries
- Soften the butter and cream cheese and place in a blender with the cocoa, sweetener and vanilla paste.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the walnuts, pistachios and raspberries.
- Place the mixture in a lined dish and sprinkle the top with extra nuts and raspberries.
- Place in the fridge until firm.
- Finally, slice and serve. Store any leftovers in the fridge.
Don’t forget to get all the ingredients for your sugar-free Christmas treats from Fresh Choice Nelson. You can Click & Collect or shop online, and we’ll deliver to your door! We are now delivering to Nelson, Atawhai, North through to The Ludd Valley, West to Tahunanui, South to Stoke and all points in between.