The summer holidays are here, and we wouldn’t mind betting that you’ll be visiting one of our fantastic Nelson beaches sometime soon.
There’s no doubt that a few hours of swimming, sandcastle building and fun shenanigans will get you in the moods for snacking, so here are our top ten foods to pack for a fun day at Nelson beaches.
- Trail Mix – Check out our bulk bin buys for great ingredients to mix your own. This power snack will top up the energy levels of even the busiest little fishes!
- Proper Crisps – Want some proper fun? Then pack the Proper Crisps! Full of the good stuff these award-winning local crisps are best sellers at Fresh Choice Nelson. If you haven’t tried them yet, you’re missing out! What are you waiting for?
- A sandwich – All great sandwiches start with great bread. Rodrigo Sourdough Bread range is a new in store and very welcome addition to our local supplier network. Gluten free, no problem… Dovedale bread is a market leader in the baking of gluten free organic breads with no added yeast.
- Pic’s peanut butter – Fill your sandwiches with this protein packed delight, or just throw a few Pic’s Peanut Butter Slugs in your beach bag for a tasty protein top up.
- Fresh fruit – Check out our produce aisle for the crispiest local apples, tastiest fair trade bananas and buckets of juicy local berries to make your heart sing!
- Fresh veggies – Slice up celery, carrots, cucumber and capsicum add a pot of hummus and you have yourself a savoury snack to share… No double dipping!
- Cheese – A great beach snack because it’s tasty and chock full of protein, perfect as a refuel food after sand-and-surf excitement. Love the local goodness? Wangapeka produce delicious, mouth-watering, Artisan Cheeses. Feta, Camembert, Brie, Blue, Mozzarella Cheeses and many more…
- Snacking bars and slabs – Our shelves are stacked with healthy snacking treats, or make your own… Check out this recipe from the blog archives… Maddy Bellcroft’s Sesame Honey Slice.
- Don’t forget the drinks – Pack plenty of water, but throw some Pete’s Natural Lemonade or Chia in your cooler for liquid refreshment!
- Sausages – Don’t forget that many of our Nelson beaches have barbecue facilities, so throw a few sozzies in your cooler for an end of day treat!
Don’t forget to stop by Fresh Choice Nelson on your way home, you’ll be exhausted from your fun filled day, so let us help you out with supper… Pick up an Inspire Meal Bag!