Well the Nelson holidays are almost over, with the kids heading back to school next week, it’s time to start thinking about lunch box ideas…
At Fresh Choice Nelson, we’ve got you covered here are 5 lunch box ideas that your little cherubs are going to ❤️!!!
- Ham Sushi – You need a slice of granary bread (crusts removed), a tablespoon of soft cheese, a slice of ham and a thin cucumber stick (trimmed to the length of your bread). Flatten the bread slightly with a rolling pin. Spread it with the soft cheese and top with the ham, place the cucumber stick at one end, and roll the bread up. Chill the roll overnight in the fridge. In the morning slice it into four pieces to make your ham sushi!
- Pic’s Peanut Butter Slugs – These protein packed power pouches are ready to eat, free of gluten, dairy and sugar and just about everything except peanuts, add a banana, apple or celery for your prince or princess to eat alongside their slug!
- Proper Crisps – Save the sharing packs for the grown ups, and sort yourself out with some 40gm packs to slip in your darling’s lunch box… They will love you for it!
- Ants on a Log – If you want to ditch the bread in your wee one’s lunch box, how about this tasty treat? Fill a celery stick (or several) with cream cheese and spread it smooth with knife. Top with a row of raisins and you’ve got yourself some ants!
- Energy Bars – Think you need a long list of ingredients to make home made energy bars? Think again! Take 600 gm pitted dates and 420 gm oats (plus a little extra for topping). Process your dates until they reach a jam-like consistency (add a little water if you have to). Slowly add the oats to the processor until it’s all mixed in and the mixture starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Press the mixture into a lined brownie or slice tin. Freeze for two hours. Remove from the freezer, cut into fingers and top with the extra oats.
Check out our Fresh Choice Nelson shelves for plenty more back to school lunch box ideas!