Here at Fresh Choice Nelson, we ❤️ Christmas… Almost as much as we ❤️ local! We believe that supporting local is the lifeblood of our region.
We’re fortunate to be surrounded by hardworking locals who turn out beautiful food and beverage; so it just makes sense to observe the 200km radius rule and buy local – it reduces our (and your) carbon footprint, supports the local economy and ensures produce is market fresh when you walk in the door.
Here are 5 reasons to buy local this Christmas!
- Your spending will boost the region’s economy – Fresh Choice Nelson has been part of hundreds of Nelson’s families’ lives for over two decades. Locals have worked in our store, shopped in our store and supplied our store. Buy local and ensure that your money helps those employees and suppliers spend locally elsewhere… It’s like a lovin’ local merry-go-round!
- You’ll be investing in your community – Or we will for you! At Fresh Choice Nelson we gift $500 to a deserving group or individual every month. You can apply for the monthly $500 donation simply by clicking on this link and printing out the application form.
- You can try before you buy! – Head to our Christmas Party on December 7th for tasty treats from our wonderful suppliers… There will be seafood, cheeses, wines and Artisan drinks as well as Proper Crisps! It’s never a party until the Propers arrive!
- It keeps things real fresh… We get beautiful fresh berries delivered every day from regional suppliers. Just the job to top your Pav!
- Your friends and family will love you for it – Especially if you gift them a local produce gift basket, full of goodness from just $40.
Remember we stock free range and organic meats and hams from our region’s suppliers, as well as organic produce, plus wines, craft beers and soft drinks to get your party started!
Happy festive season from our family to yours – Mark & Veronica